Word of Thanks (Part 12): Ladies and Gents, We Have a New Podcast!

It's the new year and I know that for quite a while, I wasn't able to post something here on my blog. You see, there were a lot of special events that took place last year. And this installment will mention some of the events and milestones for this blog.

 
Good thing after the hiatus, I’m back with a new Word of Thanks instalment, my personal thank you’s and updates on what has happened for the past couple of months. First was the opportunity to be a part of Miss Winnie Monsod's Lecture on Philippine Economy from 1948 to 1953 in UP Diliman. It was a great brain-enriching session from the renowned Filipina economist.
On the left is me, and on the far center is Miss Cory Quirino and Miss Winnie Monsod.
Photo Courtesy of PEQ Foundation.
Also, being an admin for the I Love South Cotabato page, I had the privilege of proxying for the Tourism Star, Mr. Reynard Navarro. It was a great night where the South Cotabato News was among the Top News and Current Events blogs in the country. Shared the stage with the peeps from Dailypedia, Kickerdaily, Definitely Filipino, among others.


Last year was also a great opportunity for me, in meeting a lot of new people and new contacts. I was at PUP last July for the culmination of Biyaheng Panulat with noted writers, Manix Abrera of Kiko Machine comics, Ricky Lee (most known for writing Nora Aunor's "Himala"), PUP President de Guzman, Jun Cruz Reyes, Eros Atalia, Mayette Bayuga, Lourd De Veyra, and Miss Marge Lachica.
Photo Courtesy of PUP's Center for Creative Writing.
Last year was also the year where I was granted a column for the San Francisco-based website, the GlobalFilipino. Many thanks to Mr. Arnold Pedrigal for this great chance to share the thoughts of this Mindanaoan to our American audience.




Thanks to Answers.com for including me in the list of Notable Iloilo People:

Many thanks to the stunning MTV host Andrea Feczko for following me on Twitter!


A new year, is a new beginning, they say.
So, with the break of the first month of this wonderful year of 2016, I am very pleased to announce of a new project that this blog has undertaken - we were able to branch out to a new medium - The PoliTikalon Blog Podcast.

It was officially started last January 4th. So, for my avid, readers, please do check out what this blog has prepared for you at https://soundcloud.com/politikalon-blog-podcast:

Thank you all for the support and now that the elections are fast approaching, the articles on Philippine politics will be a deluge on the first half of this year. Cheers to 2016!

Comments