JR Lopez Gonzales 10:06 AM 0
Here's the list of Richest Filipinos for 2012:
10. Eduardo Cojuangco - Once run for the presidency in the 1992 Elections, he is the uncle of President Noynoy Aquino. This man behind the San Miguel Corporation has a net worth of $1.4 billion.
7. Jaime Zobel de Ayala & family - "JAZA" is the Chief Executive Officer and the Chairman of the publicly-listed company and the Philippines’ largest conglomerate, Ayala Corporation. He enters the spot with a net worth of $2.2 billion.
6. Andrew Tan - He is the Chairman of the Metrobank Group, Metrobank Foundation, Toyota Motor Philippine Corporation and the former Chariman of Toyota Autoparts Philippine Corporation. He also owns the Emperador Distillers. Net worth? $2.3 billion.
4. John Gokongwei, Jr. & family - $3.2 billion.
2. Lucio Tan & family - Lucio Tan, now 77 leads the Tan empire with a net worth of $4.5 billion. He owns the Philippine Airlines and Fortune Tobacco, the Philippines' largest tobacco factory. He's being sued though, on claims that much of his wealth belongs to late president Ferdinand Marcos' estate.
1. Henry Sy & family - The SM patriarch at 87 years old also owns Banco De Oro-EPCI Bank and majority share in China Bank. He has a shared net worth of $ 9.1 billion with his family and has been holding the top spot for a couple of years now.
Other 30 richest Filipinos are also included on the list. Here are the runner-ups:
11. Robert Coyiuto, Jr. - $1.3 billion
12 Tony Tan Caktiong & family - $1.25 billion
13 Lucio and Susan Co - $1.2 billion
14 Inigo & Mercedes Zobel - $1.15 billion
15 Emilio Yap - $1.1 billion
16 Jon Ramon Aboitiz & family - $955 million
17 Andrew Gotianun & family - $825 million
18 Manuel Villar - $720 million
19 Beatrice Campos & family - $700 million
20 Vivian Que Azcona & family - $690 million
21 Alfonso Yuchengco & family - $570 million
22 Mariano Tan, Jr. - $420 million
23 Enrique Aboitiz & family - $400 million
24 Eric Recto - $365 million
25 Jose Antonio - $300
26 Gilberto Duavit & family - $270 million
27 Menardo Jimenez - $265 million
28 Frederick Dy - $260
29 Manuel Zamora - $255 million
30 Alfredo Ramos & family - $250 million
31 Oscar Lopez & family - $245 million
32 Felipe Gozon & family - $240 million
33 Betty Ang - $235 million
34 Wilfred Steven Uytengsu, Jr. & family - $230 million
35 Juliette Romualdez - $200 million
36 Bienvenido Tantoco, Sr. & family - $195 million
37 Jacinto Ng - $190 million
38 Tomas Alcantara & family - $160 million
39 Michael Cosiquien - $150 million
40 Edgar Sia - $140 million