JR Lopez Gonzales 8:49 AM 0
We can help save the planet by doing these ten little things. To green and beyond!
1. Buy local food. Buy fresh food and minimize the consumption of frozen foods.Eat less meat. Meat products produce methane that warms the atmosphere.
2. Use Less. In shopping, you may use cloth bag. You can also use recycled paper which saves a large number of trees. Have no more than two children.
4. At home, turn off appliances by unplugging from the outlets. Use clothesline instead of spin-dryers. Force yourself to do things that in some ways do not necessitate the use of machinery or appliances.
5. Have an energy audit and evaluate your power usage. Remember that ‘When we save power, we save money’.
6. Switch to green power. Change your light bulbs to energy efficient light bulbs such as the compact fluorescent lights (CFLs). Install photo-voltaic panels at home or have a solar water heater.
8. Use appliances that are CFC-free. Don't buy aerosols or halon fire extinguishers.
9. Use products that will last long. Don't litter. Have compost bins outside your house.